We heard about a lot of neat lessons this morning. I shared a lesson where I used a rubber band to stretch the word/sounds out and then to put it all together. The lesson that I didn't like or think went well was with word prefixes/suffixes. I felt I could do more with this and got some good ideas from the others.
Marcia's use of "Don't Laugh at Me" to teach text-to-thinking was an excellent choice because of the personal connections that kids could think about in relation to the text. This is a great book for our Bucket theme -- My lesson on "conflict" was validated when students transferred that information that afternoon.
We heard about a lot of neat lessons this morning. I shared a lesson where I used a rubber band to stretch the word/sounds out and then to put it all together. The lesson that I didn't like or think went well was with word prefixes/suffixes. I felt I could do more with this and got some good ideas from the others.
ReplyDeleteThere were a lot of great ideas shared.
ReplyDeleteMarcia's use of "Don't Laugh at Me" to teach text-to-thinking was an excellent choice because of the personal connections that kids could think about in relation to the text. This is a great book for our Bucket theme -- My lesson on "conflict" was validated when students transferred that information that afternoon.
ReplyDelete